In observance of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and as a proud partner of the Susan G. Komen Passionately Pink for the Cure® campaign, Home Care Assistance is dedicated to community outreach and education around this prevalent disease. Did you know that breast cancer is currently the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths among women? While such statistics are sobering, recent scientific developments and the ongoing dedicated efforts of leading experts in this field make the goal of finding a cure seem more attainable. Over the past 12 months, doctors have made significant strides in the battle against breast cancer, with advancements promising to not only decrease mortality but also the overall incidence of the disease. Community fundraising and educational initiatives make these forward steps possible!
- Older age
- Menarche (menstruation) at an early age
- Older age at first birth or never having given birth
- A personal history of breast cancer or benign (non-cancerous) tumors
- A mother or sister with breast cancer
- Treatment that involved radiation therapy in the breast/chest region
- Breast tissue that is dense on a mammogram
- Taking hormones such as estrogen and progesterone
- Regular alcohol consumption
Barbara Jacoby is an award winning blogger that has contributed her writings to multiple online publications that have touched readers worldwide.